- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise pages on our Website a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customised features.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, AusFlowers.co.uk) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website. For example, AusFlowers.co.uk keeps track of the Websites and pages you visit within AusFlowers.co.uk, in order to determine what portion of the AusFlowers.co.uk Website is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customised content and promotions within the AusFlowers.co.uk Website to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
- What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first- and third-party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform. These cookies include:
· Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
· Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
· Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
· Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
- How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Website to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, as described above.
- Do you use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your Web browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as “Flash cookies.” AusFlowers.co.uk does not use Flash cookies. You may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly here.
- Do you serve targeted advertising?
Where can I get further information? If you have any questions, please email us at info@ AusFlowers.co.uk .
M&N Traders Ltd t/a AusFlowers.co.uk,
Unit B4, 3 Eldon Way, London NW10 7QY