Going through the menopause celebrates the beginning of a new period in a woman’s life and can be a time of positive changes. However, Menopause for many women can come with unwanted emotional and physical imbalances.
These changes can cause disrupted sleep due to hot flushes and night sweats, to anxiety and depressed mood. These issues can start during the perimenopause stage and continue past the point of menopause as the body adjusts to new changes.
It is important to help your body accommodate these differences to rebalance your body and adapt to these new changes. We know how important it is to keep your body feeling good to allow you to live life to the fullest and appreciate the beauty around you without the stress of feeling tired and out of balance.
Changing your routine
There are very simple ways that you can alter your life to suit your changing body and help aid getting to sleep. Recommended by specialists, these are some of the best ways to keep your body in a state of relaxation to enable better sleep –
- Maintain a regular bedtime schedule – Maintenance of your nightly schedule means that after a short period, your body will associate this routine with winding down and getting ready for sleep. This also includes sleeping at the same time every night and avoiding napping to ensure that you don’t disrupt your sleeping pattern.
- Exercise Regularly – This helps lose some energy from your body and trigger the need for sleep to help your muscles recover from exercise. However, leave a considerable time between exercise and bedtime to allow the body to rest before sleeping.
- Avoid Caffeine – During menopause, your body has many irregularities, so you do not want to use any form of stimulant that disrupts the body functioning any further. As your body is finding it’s new routine, it is important to avoid caffeine.
Exploring the benefits of Flower Essences
- Calm and Clear – Helps to find time for one’s self, to relax without external pressures and allow the body to unwind and prepare for sleep, especially after a busy day.
- Bottlebrush – This essence can help you move through major life changes. This can with the feeling of being overwhelmed and give you the ability to cope and move on with your life after dramatic change
- Woman Essence - Harmonises any emotional imbalances during menstruation and menopause. It allows a woman to feel good about herself, her own body, and her natural beauty.
- Emergency essence - If you are frequently feeling distress in the daytime or evenings, then this remedy can help soothe emotional turmoil and distress, by providing comfort and reassurance to reach a more settled state before drifting off to sleep.
Adapting Your Diet
There are many recommended foods that can help improve the effects of menopause. Specialists suggest adding the following to your diet –
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- Whole Grains and Lentils
- High-quality Lean Protein
- Healthy Fats (eg. Coconut oil, olive oil, raw nuts, avocado)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (e.g. oily fish, linseeds, chia seeds)
This mainly focuses on having a balanced diet and not missing any major food groups that contribute to maintaining your health. They also list products to avoid:
- Processed Foods
- Spicy Foods
- Fast Food
- Fatty Meats